Launched with a multi-ethnic concert & rally on the centennial of the 19th Amendment:
One hundred years later, our elections still don’t represent all people’s votes.
- Get more people to vote
- Support free, fair and safe elections
- Increase the number of women in elected office
CAST IN ORDER OF APPEARANCE:
- Rhiannon Giddens - "I'm On My Way"
- Letitia James (First woman & first African American Attorney General of New York)
- Gloria Steinem (Writer, lecturer, legendary political activist)
- Pura Fé - "Idle No More"
- TAKE ACTION: Gail Small (Program Director, Spirit Aligned)
- Vanessa Williams (Performer, author, designer)
- DGLS - "Stand Up (from Harriet)"
- TAKE ACTION: Alicia Garza (Founder, Black Futures Lab; Co-founder, Black Lives Matter)
- Judy Gold (TV writer & producer, comic, actor)
- Sweet Honey in the Rock - "Do What the Spirit Say Do"
- TAKE ACTION: Dolores Huerta (American labor leader; CEO, Dolores Huerta Foundation)
- Carol Jenkins (CEO, ERA Coalition & Fund for Women's Equality)
- Indigo Girls - "Go"
- TAKE ACTION: Charlotte Mangin (Director, UNLADYLIKE2020)
- Rev. Jacqui Lewis (Anti-racism leader; first woman senior minister, Collegiate Church)
- Be Steadwell - "We Got Change"
- TAKE ACTION: Ruth Simmons (Ex-president of Smith and Brown, current HBCU president)
- Staceyann Chin & Zuri Chin (Writer & activist; third-grader)
- Grandhoney Mona Lake Jones (Author, orator, activist, Poet Laureate of National Links)
- Dance Brigade - "Fuego"
- TAKE ACTION: Dr. Debbie Almontaser (Sr. Advisor, Emgage; CEO, Bridging Cultures Group)
- Martha Redbone - "Woodstock" excerpt
- Lily Tomlin (Actor, writer, comedian)
- Carolyn Malachi - "Sky"
- TAKE ACTION: Kierra Johnson (Deputy Executive Director, National LGBTQ Task Force)
- Billie Jean King (Former World No. 1 pro tennis player, winner of the Battle of the Sexes)
- Morley - "She Shines"
- TAKE ACTION: Andrea Jenkins (Trailblazing transgender politician, poet, performer)
- Mia Ives-Rublee (Field Director, Down Home North Carolina)
- BETTY - "Together"
- TAKE ACTION: Glynda Carr (CEO, Higher Heights for America)
- Kate Pierson - "Higher Place"
- TAKE ACTION: Jennifer Siebel Newsom (Suffrage Centennial Commission, CA First Partner)
- Skip the Needle - "Battle Cry (Ay Ay Ay)"
- Megan Smith (CEO, shift7; 3rd Chief Technology Officer of the US)
- TAKE ACTION: Tina Tchen (CEO, Time's Up; Board member of When We All Vote)
- Idina Menzel (Actor, singer, songwriter)
- Capital B - "New Year"
Special thanks to teenage filmmakers Kai Williams, Naaz Valvani, and Aracelie Colon for their contributions to The Chicks' "For Her" on the original broadcast.
Women Take the Stage is a collaboration between three equal rights organizations. 1@1 Productions stages arts events and actions for women's rights. Women March in Seneca Falls ensures that feminist voices, equality and justice stay on the action agenda in New York State and nationally. WILL fosters values-based leadership and active participation in government and other venues of social transformation.
Together they’ve created a groundbreaking concert and rally on the centennial of the 19th Amendment, celebrating the heroes whose work advanced women's right to vote, and highlighting voting action still needed today.